Monday, July 3, 2017

The Horror in Ballpoint







Whenever someone comes across my Cthulhu Commune zine on Etsy and bothers to place an order, I try to include a drawing done in ballpoint pen as a token of appreciation.

I figure it's the least I can do for someone willing to shell out a few dollars for a zine these days.



















Ballpoint is a humble yet versatile tool, and with some care, is capable of some fine detail that can take on the appearance of silverpoint.















The more time spent with the sketch, the more interested I become in textures generated by the ink, and at this point I can easily spend an hour lost in the act of drawing.







Cthulhu Commune #1 and 2 can be found at my Etsy store, where I occasionally offer other original pieces and illustrations. And yes, orders come with complimentary Cthulhu drawings, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment