Friday, May 8, 2015

Wilum Pugmire's "Obscurity"


Nightgaunt is a new Lovecraftian zine from France that offers two new stories each issue in both French and English translation. The first issue features a new tale by Wilum Pugmire, "Obscurity," which I was honored to illustrate.



"I am overjoy'd to finally have had one of my wee tales translated into French!" Wilum wrote of this zine on his blog A View from Sesqua Valley. "I have had, for many a strange aeon, a love affair with French literature- although I cannot read or speak ye language, and it has always been a wish to see my work translated for a French journal or anthology. What is especially wondrous about seeing this wee story thus translated is that it contains one of my sonnets--and so I now have a sonnet of mine own composition translated in ye language of Baudelaire!!!!! Oh, honey- this is exquisite. My deep thanx to Adam Joffrain for publishing ye tale in his new journal, Nightgaunt, and for his translation."




Nightgaunt #1 is available now.

No comments:

Post a Comment